basic first aid
the ideal introduction into first aid for everyday life
This 6 hour course is specifically designed with the client in mind; from nursery nurses, teachers, cafe workers and cleaners to sports coaches, youth groups and even children.
This course provides the candidate with the basic skills needed to deal with a first aid incident in a safe and effective way.
1 day course (6 hours)
- Taking and monitoring vital signs
- What to do in an emergency (casualty assessment)
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Basic life support (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation -CPR)
- Heart attack and angina
- Serious bleeding and shock
- Other topics can be added depending on the client’s needs
The Basic First Aid course will be run from a variety of locations, and is a popular choice for private bookings, where the course can be run from the client's choice of venue.